30 Sept 2011

Progress on My Studio



I've spent a few days sorting out my studio, during a full scale proper clear out, it's amazing to discover how much stuff I have. This is particularly daunting during a stage when I had thought I was really low in stock, just last week I ordered TONNES of materials to make Christmas stock. Now I just have to figure out where it all goes when it arrives. The studio is a work in progress, I think it will take me quite a while to finish it, but here are a couple of quick snap shots of what I've done so far this week.

I decided to add a second desk, it was only last week when John saw me working under a mountain of materials that I realised that my working space is far too small. The danger of this is that no matter how big the space is, it will always be filled. 

I need to get a lot more boxes, but they are surprisingly pricey, the coloured boxes above are €5 a pop, and even the plastic red ones are nearly €8 each. I think I'll just have to buy a few each week, it would hurt too much to go in and spend nearly €50 in one go on boxes! Sadly I don't have the beautiful matching boxes that you see all the time in interior design magazines, but this is real life, I want to spend my money on the stuff that goes in the boxes, not have everything beautifully matching!(although ideally I'd have both)

1 comment:

  1. When I read your title the first thing that came to mind was Ikea cos thats usually what it means for me lol you should check out Jumbletown.ie and use the wanted section might help u out getting some storage solutions for free!

    ReplyDelete

Nice Day Designs loves hearing what you have to say...please leave a comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...