25 Oct 2011

Handmade Button Hairclips


I mentioned last week on my post about Pinterest that I was going to make some button hair clips inspired by this great blog post. I went through my HUGE collection of buttons and made about 30 pairs of hair clips. The problem is finding matching buttons, so I might make some pairs of odd clips in complimentary colours. The simple clips are €3 for a pair and the ornate vintage button clips are €4.50 for a pair. I looked on etsy to compare prices and I think I'm being pretty reasonable, most of them that I looked at are €5 for a basic pair, and they are just glued not stitched. To make sure the slides are really secure I sewed them on first and then held them with a little hot glue. This also means that with the flat button slides you get to see pretty thread, not ugly glue. It involves a little extra effort, but I think it makes all the difference.

To finish off the sets I made the cute little tags very simply with some Kraft card, some coloured pens, and a corner cutter.

I'm not sure yet if I'll list them in my etsy shop but I'l definitely be selling them at the Milk Market this weekend. To see a full album of images, go to my facebook album here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Day Designs loves hearing what you have to say...please leave a comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...