30 Mar 2012

New Yummy Fabric and What I Made With It


As you all know I've been a busy little worker bee making lots of new stock for the Limerick Craft & Design shop that will be opening in the next month or so. Over the past few days I've been making lots of new pot pincushions. Thankfully I had a load of pots already painted from before Christmas which saved me loads of time.

Last week I got tired of scrounging through my scraps box looking for pieces big enough to make stuff with so I treated myself to a bunch of new material. I went to the Limerick Quilt Centre and bought 21 fat quarters, at that I was seriously restraining myself. They have amazing fabric out there, and I'm told that people regularly tell the staff that they hate them(just because their stuff is so nice that there is no choice but to buy it). This trip marked a vast improvement on my last one, I only spent €63, whereas last year I spent €250 on my first visit to the shop. It should come with a health warning like those on boxes of fags, 'Hoarders beware; may cause heart palpitations, bankruptcy, and eventual madness'.





Pin It

7 comments:

  1. It's too funny to go shopping and you've been great not to overspend! Those pot pincushions are lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Online shopping is the real danger, it's there all the time and it never closes

      Delete
  2. They are so cute! I know what you mean when it comes to fabric. I keep telling myself I will use up everything I have before I buy any more. Of course this doesn't happen and I am amassing quite a collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the curse of every crafts person to hoard stuff, I've been doing this for years and I still 'don't have enough'

      Delete
  3. Hi, I'm a regular at The Limerick Quilt Centre aswell. I now try to bring cash only with me as my credit card gets such a hammering when Im there. Or another tip is to arrive just before they close. Can you tell me more about the new Limerick Craft and Design shop

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna send you a convo now about the shop

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea... I love to follow your articles.

    Custom Logo Design Service

    ReplyDelete

Nice Day Designs loves hearing what you have to say...please leave a comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...