21 Mar 2012

Shrinky Dink Bookmarks


I just finished my most recent addition to my Shrink Plastic collection. These are bookmarks, but the fancy variety that are harder to lose than a scrap of paper. I only saw these for the first time last year and I really like the shepherd hook design, it's so simple. I've only ever seen them embellished with beads before, or spiral wrap gemstones, but the first time I saw them I thought they would be perfect for my illustrated work. This week I made up 50 different designs, using the templates I had previously designed. But I think I'll expand the range to include some more bookish themed images, like characters from books or specific motifs, I already have a Harry Potter design. I thought these Olde Worlde images suited the bookmarks quite well too.

I'll be selling them in the craft shop at €6 per bookmark, and I might try a few at the stall this weekend too and see how they go. I just have to figure out how to package them nicely, and also to show what they are. Most people are not very familiar with shepherd hook bookmarks.





Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I just love them. Are all of those your own designs? They look so simple and yet so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep they are all my own designs, I really miss doing illustration since I finished college, so I'm chuffed that I found this material that allows me to draw while making jewellery

      Delete
  2. ...true! They are perfect to cheer up the shelves...

    ReplyDelete

Nice Day Designs loves hearing what you have to say...please leave a comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...