30 May 2012

Shrink Plastic Sweat Shop


I spent a long sweaty day in my glass house studio yesterday drawing and colouring in loads of shrink plastic. I made 2 of each of my earring designs, 1 each on my rings, and 1 each of the necklaces. This still doesn't even include brooches, bookmarks and cuff links! I got around to colouring about 40 odd of them but I still have another 140 or so to go. It will be another long day in the studio I think. It's a good thing I have the last book of Tad Williams Memory Sorrow and Thorn to keep me company on audio book, I was working last night til 1.30am and I didn't even notice the time because the book is so good!

I switched over from using the frosted plastic to the white for all of my designs, as in the Limerick rain blurred the earrings a little bit. Whereas you can use varnish on the white plastic and totally protect it from the elements.




 Did you find this post helpful or interesting? To follow my other post here is my RSS feed.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I made captain america shield earrings for my daughter, in white shrink plastic, with sharpie permanent markers. After the first use they started to fade and smear...you talked about a varnish... What kind do you use.. Or do you sand the paper before working on it?

    ReplyDelete

Nice Day Designs loves hearing what you have to say...please leave a comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...