22 Jul 2010

New Order for Boutique: Part 2




Last week I showed you a couple of pieces that I'm working for for the boutique in Inistioge in Kilkenny. Betwwen markets, my sister being in hospital for her new baby, and the Etsy Ireland meeting I didn't get as much made as I wanted last week, at the moment I'm really in need of an eighth and ninth day in the week! But I did get these pieces made. I've been really enjoying making dresses recently and also working with 'clashing' patterned fabrics. A look that I've always loved, and which is very 'in' this season.
The tartan dress has been embellished with the material from a skirt and a shirt, all in complimentary tartan/striped blues and greys. This is the first time that I've made a rosette in this way and I'm really happy with how it turned out. The second piece has been customised with some vintage fabric that a friend gave to me, I think it's for making cushions and curtains. It's beautiful quality with wonderful patterns of birds and flowers on it. I made a band that goes around the waist, and a large tie for the back from two different patterned materials. I was very tempted to keep this dress for myself, but I need to be disciplined and send it off to the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Day Designs loves hearing what you have to say...please leave a comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...