20 Jul 2010

Retail Therapy: Nautical Button Bracelet

At the weekend we had a Etsy Ireland getaway in Limerick, more of that later though. I just had to show you this to die for bracelet that I bought off team member Beth from Magpie and Button. I've been drooling over this piece online for about 3 months, I love the nautical colours and it totally fits in with my current gra for all things 1950's pin-up sailor. But I'm not really a bracelet person which is what kept putting me off buying it. I'm not one for picking out parts of me that I hate, (self loathing takes too much damned energy for my liking!) but I've never liked my wrists so I've never been a bracelet person even though I LOVE jewellery. But as soon as I tried it on I knew I had to buy it, I'm so mad about it. Later on that night after a good few pints in was nearly shoving it in peoples faces showing them how lovely it was! The really nice part is that lots of the buttons come from my own shop as Beth is one of my most regular customers, so it feels more personal.

Now that I know her bracelets really suit me this may be the start of an unstoppable addiction, my two loves collide: buttons and jewellery. Go check out her shop and her lovely blog.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh thanks Ruth :) I took a pic of your cutie strawberry keyring on my green bag yesterday, and am planning to post about how many compliments I've had on it already x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh, now you're addicted :) But really how wonderful to have a gorgeous piece of jewellery made with your own supplies by another talented artist. Etsy is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cool Beth, so glad you've gotten comments on it!! I really should list the two colours in my etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete

Nice Day Designs loves hearing what you have to say...please leave a comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...