16 Jul 2012

Wire Wrap Button Necklace


I was a bit twitchy to make something new when I eventually found the energy to crawl my way out of my sick bed. I have a red button necklace that I got in a flea market that I wear all the time, which most people assume I made myself. In the back of my mind of mind I've been meaning to make a new one for ages, so it seemed like the perfect time. 

I've seen a few button cluster necklaces online, but I didn't really know how to go about making one. I picked out a load of nice matching coloured buttons in varying sizes. Then I composed them into this v shape so I had something to work from. After that it was a case of threading the wire through the holes while trying to keep the structure. I was much trickier than I though, and it took me nearly three hours to make. I'd say this had more to do with the fact that the wire I was using was too thick. 

I'd like to make more of them, and maybe sell them in the craft shop when it opens but I would need to watch some wire wrapping tutorials online to make them neater, and also invest in some new wire. As it stands I'm happy with the one I made for myself. Now when people ask 'did you make that?' I can happily answer 'yes'.





Did you find this post helpful or interesting? To follow my other post here is my RSS feed.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Day Designs loves hearing what you have to say...please leave a comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...