20 Jan 2013

Do it yourself hair do

My new do! Sorry for the cliche iphone pic
As you probably already know, I'm quite the fan of being frugal, not out of meanness, it's usually because I'm broke to be honest! For years I've been cutting my own hair, it all started in college when I was too poor to maintain my short hair. After one major disaster when I bleached my hair, dyed it purple and loads of it fell out it's been plain sailing since then. I even shaved my head for about a year too, which I loved, but sadly everyone thought I was gay; nothing wrong with that except it led to a very uneventful sex life. I actually grew my hair back out of sexual frustration! 

The day I handed in the keys to Limerick Craft and Design I came home really angry, I was filled with energy, and I didn't know what to do with it. Punching a wall just leads to a sore hand, and drinking it away just leads to a sore head. I had been toying with the idea of doing something a little different with my hair, but over Christmas I didn't have a spare minute. What better way to deal with anger then to get a new hair do, usually people do it after a break-up, but in many ways the shop closing felt like one. 
My hair before(credit to Claire Waters for the photo)

Cutting your own hair is not as hard as you think. The key is to be brave and accept that you are willing to get it fixed by a professional if it all goes arseways. You'll need a comb, a good scissors, two mirrors and a steady hand, oh and a pair of balls too! I'm happy with the result, although I am tempted to go shorter on one side, maybe even an undercut, but since I'm visiting lots of auctioneers at the moment that probably isn't a great idea.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Keep up to date on all my regular posts with my RSS Feed or follow me on Facebook and Twitter
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I love it! Well done. I cut my hair up pretty bad a couple of times, so I am going to leave it to the hairdresser from now on LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooooo dont have the balls to cut my own hair!! Attempted to trim my fringe once and it was so short I had to pin it back for weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Rebecca! Yes you have to risk the disasters. John let me cut his hair last night actually, I must say it looks pretty good for a first time, mens hair is way harder to do, it's more noticeable when it's shorter if it's been fecked up. He is happy with it though and I think he looks very handsome!

    ReplyDelete

Nice Day Designs loves hearing what you have to say...please leave a comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...