18 Aug 2010

The Great Pitt Unveiling

At long last I can reveal the artwork that I did for the album cover of The Brad Pitt Light Orchestra, as it's being released this month. It feels like it's been ages since I was actually working on these images, and it's so exciting to know that the finished item is coming out really soon. I haven't actually held the cd in my hands yet but I've been told it looks super snazzy.It's a 12 page fully illustrated booklet ( don't think I can reveal those pieces until it's in the shops) based around the black white and red monochrome I've been using for their artwork for the past few years.
They are an 8 piece band that sound like a mix between Belle and Sebastian, Phantom of the Opera and a bit on Tom Waits. So I wanted to play on these theatrical and whimsical attributes in the design, while also keeping with their classy image (all the band members wear 3 piece suits on stage, accented by a flapper style leading lady).I've also been involved with all the merchandise aswell, I've made up custom made badges, bottle openers, and magnets, along with their posters and t-shirt design. They also decided to showcase the artwork by getting some moo postcard printed of the images from the album. All of these lovely bits and bobs will be available through their website and at their nationwide tour of gigs. I will also be having a giveaway of their album on this blog very shortly, so stay tuned for details.

1 comment:

Nice Day Designs loves hearing what you have to say...please leave a comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...