16 Feb 2009

Thanks


It's my 2 year anniversary today with my wonderful boyfriend John. So this post is in hommage to him(although he will never read it as he thinks my blogging addiction is mental). Here is to that quiet customer who shyly ordered pints off me for two years and didn't say anything. To my friend Cecily who decided to go home early and leave me in the nightclub by myself with nobody to talk to. To John's brother,Paul, for getting us talking and then tactfully disapearing for a couple of hours. To Paul's girlfriend for insisting that we come back to hers for beers even though I lived next door to the club. To me for having the balls to get his number and text him a few days later, cos this one felt different than all the shit I'd been through for the previous few years. To both of us for being brave and not putting up walls, when sometimes that seemed like the safest thing to do. To John for taking a huge risk and moving in with me after 4 months of going out together. To John for staying strong and quiet when I needed to cry and rage against how hard this business has been. For the night I shouted and screamed at him because I was so angry at everyone because Dad was sick. For getting up every Sunday, on his only day off, and hauling all of my stock down to the market, and not complaining....and all the rest in between.
Thanks
(Ps: the photo is a bit odd because I haven't transferred all my files from the old computer yet and this was the only one I could find, it's after a Celtic reconstruction weekend, he smelt like charcoal, mead, sweat, and dirt)

4 comments:

  1. That's just brightened up my day reading that - so sweet and touching. Happy Anniverary! :) x

    P.S. The wire arrived, goodbye social life... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    and here's to many, many more happy years together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, we had a lovely evening that night, great dinner, a few beers and then cozyed up on the sofa to watch a dvd.

    ReplyDelete

Nice Day Designs loves hearing what you have to say...please leave a comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...