3 Jun 2010

Milk Market

I've lots of news about my market stall. At the moment they are just finishing a massive refurbishment of the historical Milk Market in Limerick city. At the end of June we will be moving from our regular spot down on Bedford row up to the new posh premises on Cornmarket Row. I'm really excited to move to the new market, not only will we have a roof, but also our own little designated stands, I can't wait to see it. After years of trading in the unrelenting Irish weather I'm SO GLAD that there is a roof, I'll never forget selling in -5 degree temperatures over Christmas!!!
I just got off the phone to one of the organisers and I have a confirmed stand at the Friday market, and the Sunday one too, I will also be taking part in a monthly craft market that will be held on the last Thursday on every month.

It sounds like they have lots of lovely things organised like face painters, musicians and magicians, so any of the days would be a great day out for the family. I've been so tired of seeing people flock to the shopping centres outside the city, hopefully this will attract people back into the city centre again. So on all fronts this market appeals to my hippy sensibilities!!

The market will be opening on Friday 25th on June (but I will be at a wedding that day so I can't go), but I will be there on the 27th. If you want to check out there fancy new website click here, there is loads of info on the traders and the facinating history behind the venue.

2 comments:

  1. congrats on the new stall - must call down some day and say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mags, yeah it's handy having it on a few different days, it means that more people will be able to go to it...or that's the hope anyhow

    ReplyDelete

Nice Day Designs loves hearing what you have to say...please leave a comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...